How Can We Help?
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if we don’t file timely?
- Internal Revenue Service: $250 per day, not to exceed $150,000
- Department of Labor: Up to$2,259 for 2021 (subject to annual DOL adjustments) for each day the form is late with no overall maximum
Will my 5500 be considered “filed” if I do not attach the independent auditor’s report to my Form 5500 annual return/report?
When can an audit be deferred?
What do I need to do if I am a large plan filer?
Who is considered a plan participant?
How do I know if I am a large plan filer?
When is my 5500 due?
What fees are associated with my 401(k) account?
How can I calculate my contribution rate?
I signed up for my employer’s 401(k) plan. When do my contributions begin?
- Meeting eligibility requirements
- The plan entry requirements (Quarterly, Monthly, Immediate)
- Completed enrollment form
- Payroll processing time